Grosvenor and Hilbert is one of the town's oldest public parks designed by the renowned Victorian landscape architect Robert Marnock in 1889. It still contains original historic features, such as Marnock Lake and the grottoes or 'dripping wells'. There is an exciting and challenging play area which is well worth a visit. This play area was updated in 2015 thanks to Heritage and Big Lottery Funding.
The park can be accessed for free from several entrances, the main ones being from Auckland Road, Upper Grosvenor Road and Hilbert Road. It is just a short walk or cycle from both the town centre and High Brooms train station. It is also on the 281 Bus route.
Facilities at Grosvenor and Hilbert Park include: a large play area, a café, an ornamental lake, a bowling green, a hireable community Hub, two full size grass football pitches, a kick around area marked for 5-a-side football and basketball, and public toilets. There is an exciting wheeled sports area located here too suitable for skateboards, BMX bikes and rollerblades.
The bowling green has been used by Grosvenor Bowls Club for over 100 years and is bookable in advance.
The park is home to a large variety of wildlife, which can be found within the wilder areas of the park, such as the Ancient Woodland, wetland area and community orchard. The wetland area now has a fantastic new boardwalk through the middle, complete with dipping platforms. The community orchard comprises of 89 fruit trees and is managed by the Friends of Grosvenor and Hilbert Park. Hilbert Woods is designated a Local Nature Reserve and is managed by Kent High Weald Partnership. Chalybeate (iron-rich) streams run through the park, turning them an unusual rusty red colour. This is the same water that rises in the Pantiles and made Tunbridge Wells famous.