Celebrate 70 years of Her Majesty, with a special event joining together communities from across Royal Tunbridge Wells and the wider borough. Look out for our colourful carnival style parade starting at the War Memorial in the centre of the town carrying on to the nearby Dunorlan Park for a fun afternoon jam-packed with family entertainment, music, bars, and food stalls!
1.00: Military Parade at the Tunbridge Wells War Memorial, attended by the Mayor and Vice Lord Lieutenant of Kent.
1.30: Fun procession to Dunorlan Park Events Field through Monson Road, Calverley Road and Bayhall Road.
2.00: Big Jubilee Lunch at Dunorlan Park Events Field.
Throughout the afternoon there will free performances and attractions that not only entertain the family but also celebrate The Queen’s 70 years as monarch.
Lovers of music and dance will be entertained by a diverse selection of artists representing musical styles from across the Commonwealth and beyond:
- Music from the Caribbean is celebrated by the ever-popular Bloco Fogo band and dancers.
- The Tunbridge Wells Orpheus Choir will perform some of The Queen’s favourite classical tunes with an accompanying display by the town’s Royal Scottish Dancing Society.
- A special appearance from Jazz quartet, The American Songbook.
- The Queen’s regular visits to India will be acknowledged with an amazing Kings of Bhangra dance display as seen at the Tunbridge Wells Mela.
- A taste of musicals will be provided by the UK’s leading musical theatre concert, Beyond the Barricade who will also, with the Orpheus Choir, lead everyone in a Proms style tribute to close the afternoon.
There will also be loads for families and children to enjoy:
- A car show with a vehicles from each decade of The Queen’s reign.
- Face painting, balloon modelling, Punch and Judy shows, diggers and tractors to investigate and even a full-size fire engine to explore!
So come and help us mark this historic moment together. Join the carnival, visit one of the food stalls in Dunorlan or simply enjoy a picnic sitting on a bale of hay! This will be a fantastic occasion for families, friends, and enthusiastic flag waving individuals, so come along, enjoy the parade and all the events in Dunorlan!
For the full program of events happening all over the borough on the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee bank holiday please visit the Tunbridge Wells Borough Council website.