Are you looking for ways to be more sustainable this year? Do you have a pile of clothes that you want to get rid of, but keep forgetting or can’t be bothered to upload them to online selling sites? Would you like to update your wardrobe in a cost-effective way that also helps the planet?
Come to your local Swap Shop in Tunbridge Wells and exchange your unwanted items whilst also refreshing your wardrobe! Save yourself the time and hassle of selling online and shop for clothes in one space.
The Swap Shop will be held at Old Auction House, The Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells, where you will also have the chance to grab a drink or bite to eat. There is free parking at Linden Park Road Car Park from 6pm.
How it works:
– Pay £10 for a ticket
– Bring up to a max of 10 clothing items that you want to swap(please ensure these are clean and undamaged)
– The drop off is on Wednesday 16th February, a week before the Swap Shop, and items can be dropped off at the Old Auction House between 5-8pm. Please get in touch if these timings do not suit and we can work something out. Tickets for the Swap Shop can be purchased at this point too (cash only)
– We will assess the pieces to ensure they are clean and in good condition, then give you tokens for the items that you have brought in
– Turn up on Thursday 23rd February to browse the items, choose what you like and swap your tokens for the items – easy!
– Please bring your own bag to take items home in – we are after all trying to save the planet!
– Any items left over will either be used at a future Swap Shop, or donated to charity
There will be a special rail for occasional outfits. If you bring in an occasional dress you will receive a special token allowing you to pick another occasional item.
What items we accept:
– Clothes in good and clean condition with no stains or damage. If you would not pass the item onto a friend then it will not be suitable for the Swap Shop.
-Womenswear only, in all sizes!
– We can accept shoes and bags if these are in immaculate condition
– All brands (we may limit the amount we select from low end high street brands)
– No underwear, swimwear or jewellery
Proceeds from ticket sales will be used towards the cost of running the event, and any profit made will be donated to Tunbridge Wells Friends of the Earth, a local environment group supporting campaigns to take action against climate change.
We encourage you to wear a face mask inside the venue.
Please note: this Swap Shop is for womenswear only. We will focus future Swap Shops on children and menswear.