Relish the tranquillity of fishing in Tunbridge Wells.
The thriving waters of the Weald of Kent can be enjoyed by day and half-day anglers at one of nine fisheries in this area.
Five Best Places To Go Coarse Fishing Near Tunbridge Wells
- Hawkhurst Fish Farm is on the outskirts of Hawkhurst which is a 30 minute drive from Royal Tunbridge Wells.
There are 4 large lakes and 3 junior lakes, a café with decking for those sunny moments, overlooking the main lake, and many wildlife visitors to observe.
- Frant Lakes is at Bells Yew Green not far from the A21 and less than a 10 minute drive from the centre of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
With eight lakes, three ponds and access to a stretch of the River Teise, enjoy the peace and greenery on our doorstep.
There is also a café serving breakfast and a tackle shop.
- Elphicks Fishery at Horsmonden has 7 lakes at your disposal for all ages and abilities with a café on site.
Horsmonden is a tiny village in the depths of the Weald of Kent, an unspoiled treat to include on a countryside tour. With great old country pubs in the area, warm up afterwards under the beams next to a log fire or cool down with a fresh pint of beer.
- Hartley Lands Farm Fishery at Cranbrook is on an organic fruit farm offering four coarse fishing lakes and four natural ponds for day anglers. There is disabled access to most pegs. A really nice café across the road (Hartley Dyke Farm) offers fab meals and a large farm shop to browse – great for snacks!
- Only 20 minutes walk away from the town of Royal Tunbridge Wells, you can relax in the sport at Dunorlan Park.
The charge is per rod, and normally the park staff will collect the money once the fishing party have set up.
Four Of The Best Spots To Go Fly-Fishing Near Tunbridge Wells
- Still water fly-fishing is available at Bewl Water.
Shore and boat fishing is bookable and there is disabled access too.
Rainbow trout did well in Bewl Water in 2016.
The reservoir is stocked with blue and brown trout as well as pike and perch.
The 17km of reservoir bank on the South East’s largest man-made lake makes for spacious and inviting shore fishing.
There is the opportunity to learn fly-fishing skills from a fully qualified instructor, varying options are detailed on the website. All tackle is provided.
Book a chartered trip on a boat with a local fishing guide to accompany your group along with breakfast and lunch.
- The Chalybeate Springs Trout Fishery is at Eridge Park on a private estate. A 10 minute drive from Royal Tunbridge Wells, it is open to day anglers and has basic facilities. Wheelchairs have decent access to the south side of the lake.
- Spring Hill Trout Waters is located in Brenchley Wood near Matfield, an approximate 25 drive from Royal Tunbridge Wells, this is in a lovely isolated location.
There are 3 spring fed waters stocked with rainbow and brown trout.
Tuition is available and a new smokery is opening soon.
- Fishing holidays are available at Little Saxby’s Farm, only 8 miles from Royal Tunbridge Wells. Here they have fly-fishing and tench fishing out of season. Tuition is available too.
The Friendly Fisherman provides fishing lessons – Andy Lush used to own a charming tackle shop in Royal Tunbridge Wells but now enjoys his time waterside. Get in contact for a session with an experienced fisherman to optimise your fishing enjoyment!
Book Your Tunbridge Wells Fishing Holiday Now!
Fishing is one of the best ways to succumb to relaxation in the natural world. Be part of nature and watch the dragonflies, birds and amphibians go about their business.
There is plenty of accommodation to ensure your every comfort for the best holiday in the English countryside.
Take a look at the options right now! If there is anything else you need to know then contact us at the Visitor Information Centre.