Stables can be found at:
- Wellgrove Stables, Pembury with Summer Pony Camp;
- Treblers Ponies, Hartfield, E Sussex;
- Honnington Farms Equestrian Centre, Southborough, with 50 acres of native woodland to be enjoyed by horse riders as well as walkers and wildlife;
- Ashdown Forest Riding in the heart of this Special Area of Conservation and The High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty;
- Bedgebury Park, Goudhurst;
- and Hemsted Forest Equestrian Centre.
If you have your own horse, the Round Bewl Ride takes in the 21km of shoreline of the South East’s largest reservoir.
Bedgebury Forest has 12km of riding tracks and a trail map which provides an excellent riding experience.
If you’re as hungry as a horse, drop in on the Bedgebury Pantry for a tasty range of freshly-made sandwiches, baguettes, soup and cakes.
Hemsted Forest, also open to riders, is predominately pine trees which is based near Benenden.